So, as many of us have done--I had a throwback movie night and watched the classic 90's film, "It Takes Two," with the Olsen twins. If you've seen the movie you know this is relevant because there's a notable sloppy joe scene which had me reminiscing hard for a good old fashioned sloppy joe--with a twist.
Meet 'Sloppy Judy," she's the less famous (but much sexier) version of Sloppy Joe. She's got some Sweet Viking™ Relish and some avocado on top--she's a modern classic.
Oh boy....or I guess I should say, oh *girl...
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced onions
2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Sweet Viking™ Relish
2 tablespoons butter or oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1. Take your butter and melt it in a pan over medium heat--once your butter is nice and melty add the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and all of your onions are mostly cooked down (about 5-10 minutes)
2. Add in your ground beef and cook until the beef is mostly brown in the pan--doesn't need to be fully cooked yet--stay with me.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients (besides the buns and avocado of course) and mix it all up in the pan.
4. Turn the heat down to low and let that delicious concoction simmer down for about 15-20 minutes. The longer it simmers together, the better all those flavors are going to come together.
5. Slop that Judy onto a hamburger bun like your traditional sloppy joe, or you can eat with rice or however you see fit!
OMG, right??? Sloppy Judy may be sloppy, but she's a stone cold fox. 10/10 would eat again.